Launched in June 2015, Belfast 89FM is a not-for-profit radio station.The station was established to serve the baby boomers who represent 25% of the population. Read More
At Belfast 89FM, we place a huge value on the life experience, talents and interests of our listeners, which is why we offer a range of volunteer opportunities to enable you to support the station, develop new skills and make new friends – both on air and off air. Read More
The warm, friendly presentation style of Belfast 89FM is punctuated by the very best in music from the 1960’s and 1970’s, from classic rock and pop, through to disco, soul and folk. Read More
Another really busy Thursday Morning Talk-In today with Lisa Johnston & Alan Sheeran which is just how we like it! And a very big thank you to all of our guests for coming in to the studios:
* John Friel from the Railway Preservation Society of Ireland who told us about their popular Portrush Flyer steam train day trip running every Sunday from 30 July-27 August departing Belfast Central at 11.30am and returning from Portrush at 5.20pm. There are also two special Summer Steam events at the Society's HQ at the Whitehead Railway Museum on 29 July & 5 August where people can get up close and personal with not just the steam trains but also the drivers and firemen! For more details visit steamtrainsireland.com
* Ann McCarron & Matthew McKinley from the Colin Glen Allotments, Community Garden & Healthy Living Centre who gave us some super seasonal tips about looking after our summer gardens.The Healthy Living Centre is holding a Food & Craft Market on 8 August and anyone interested in taking a stall can get more details from their Facebook page or website newcolin.com This Saturday, 29 July, there's a special event called Resilience Skills For Life's Challenges designed to enhance people's coping skills. There's a 20% discount for anyone saying the magic words Belfast 89FM! To reserve a place phone Matthew on 028-9061-2317 or email him on email@example.com - and don't forget those magic words!
* Deborah Douglas from the Linen Hall Library who outlined the library's programme of events for the month of August. This includes a free performance on 24 August at 6pm by five of Canada's most well-known poets called The Shaken And The Stirred: A Celebration of Canada to mark the country's 150th anniversary. Other events include a free lecture at 1pm on 9 August about the life of Jeremy Taylor who was Bishop of Down, Connor & Dromore in 1661; and Tuesday Tales at 10am every Tuesday in August with stories and activities for pre-schoolers. For more details or to book visit linenhall.com
We'll do it all again next Thursday from 10am so until then, have a great week!
Sending best wishes for a successful run to my Musical Theatre Slot guest and West-End star, Jacinta Whyte, and to the cast of the world premiere production of the musical, Angela’s Ashes, which runs at Belfast’s Grand Opera House (Tue 1-Sat 5 Aug). Box Office - 9024 1919 or at www.goh.co.uk
The Monday afternoon Talk-In’s Musical Theatre Slot also featured news of the following shows:
* The Grand Opera House Summer Youth Project’s production of the family musical, Oliver! at Belfast’s Grand Opera House (Thu 27-Sat 29 Jul).
* Miscast Belfast at Belfast’s Accidental Theatre on Sat 29 July - For more information or to book a slot, message Miscast Belfast on Facebook, Twitter or email at firstname.lastname@example.org
* The Millennium Forum Youth Musical Group’s production of West Side Story at Derry’s Millennium Forum (Thu 27-Sat 29 Jul).
* Youth Music Theatre UK’s production of Gulliver’s Travels at Belfast’s Lyric Theatre (Fri 28-Sun 30 Jul).
* Once: The Musical, starring Niamh-Perry, at Dublin’s Olympia Theatre until 26 Aug.
And on the Wednesday Morning Talk In - The latest from: Fiddlers Green with Danny McGreevy The Belfast Guitar Festival with John Tracey Plus a look at the Trouserless Wedding Party and The Dock Cafe where honesty pays. Join us from 10am ... See MoreSee Less